6 month internship with option of full-term employment
Venture Capital Analyst
About ennea capital partners
ennea capital partners is an investment and advisory firm focused on the travel & mobilityindustries, specifically in early-stage and growth companies from EMEA. Based out of Berlin, Munichand London, our team of experienced and successful entrepreneurs provide strategic andoperational support, fundraising services and active investments. The travel and mobility markets will grow to a combined +$40 trillion market, constituting almost20% of global GDP in the next 10 years. Through digitization (of assets), disintermediation (ofdistribution), and personalization (of services) these two industries are merging creating a vast arrayof new opportunities. There is a strong trend in investments into later-stage companies creating a significant gap for early-stage founders. Additionally, there is no pure-play travel & mobility venture capital firm in Europetoday. This is where ennea capital partners comes in: with our extensive experience as founders andbusiness leaders, our understanding of the travel & mobility industries and network of institutional& strategic investors, we are in a strong position in becoming the partner of choice for founders andyoung companies to accelerate their ambitions, shaping the next wave of travel and mobility. We are a small, international and ambitious team that is very outcome focused and whose dailywork is characterized by flat hierarchies, open communication and radical transparency. Workingalongside our Berlin based Partners, you will get to know the exciting and highly challenging work ofan Investment Company and oversee your own projects & deals from start to finish.
We are looking for a motivated intern (m/f/d) for our Berlin office (we are flexible on the startingdate), who will join us permanently after the 6 months.
What will you be doing
- You will be assisting the partners and investment-team in the deal-flow processes up to thenegotiations with potential portfolio companies
- You will conduct market research as well as industry landscape and technology deep-dives
- You will take care of the valuation and analysis of potential investment cases
- You will give operational support to portfolio companies in your area of expertise that may include online marketing, company building, business development or sales
- You will create investment teasers and information memorandums for internal and external use
What qualifications we are looking for
- You have an entrepreneurial mind-set with a keen interest in start-ups and technologydisplayed through deep knowledge and, if applicable, previous work experiences in high-impact environments (Start-ups, Consulting, Venture Capital)
- Technical background (computer science, engineering) a plus.
- You are highly analytical and feel very comfortable with complex data analysis and can draw insightful conclusions and make decisions based on both intuition and data.
- You can effectively work in an independent, structured and goal-oriented manner
- You can multitask and support several internal clients simultaneously
- You have an excellent command of German (C1/C2) and English and strong interpersonal and digital communication skills
What we offer
- Due to the wide range of our activities we offer you an exceptional 360° view of all aspectsof the start-up and venture capital life cycle in a flat hierarchy with excellent developmentopportunities through direct responsibilities from the start
- After successful completion of the 6-month internship you have the opportunity to join ourteam full-time
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to Anton (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In lieu of your application, please respond to the following questions in the body of your mail:
- Tell us about the intended dates of your internship
- Tell us about a specific accomplishment from your background that explains how you fit with our candidate description above
- Tell us about an early-stage startup travel/mobility start-up that we should invest in (and why) and what the biggest risks are to consider in the potential investment